I don’t think anyone thought that 2020 would have started with a global pandemic, but it did. In times like this we all need to do a little bit more to ensure we maintain all aspects of our health and support those around us in need.
Firstly, it is important we stay positive and educated about the situation. I highly recommend accessing reading resources released from reputable sources, like those released by the Australian Government Department of Health:
Secondly, it is essential that we maintain our psychological wellbeing and positivity, in addition to our physical health. With the Australian government’s recent announcement forcing the closure of all indoor sporting facilities, including gyms, engaging in regular physical activity may seem harder than usual. However it is not impossible! There is always something you can do to remain physically active.
In fact, there is plenty you can do at home, even if you don’t have any specific gym equipment. We as exercise professionals can set you up with an individualised home based exercise program, utilising what you already have available in your house or backyard. To ensure that you continue to get the support and structure required for both the physical and psychological side of exercise we can support you in your home or via telehealth sessions online.
What is a telehealth session?
Telehealth utilises a video call with an exercise professional. It is designed to give you the best possible treatment without face to face contact, which reduces the risk of further spreading COVID-19. We speak with you through your phone, tablet or computer and take you through a tailored exercise physiology session. We are able to interact with one another to ensure you are guided through a safe and effective exercise program in your home. Telehealth can be used for initial assessments, follow up sessions to progress or regress your exercises based on how you’ve been going or as review assessments to track your progress!
What are we doing at Exercise Healthcare Australia?
We have put in several measures to reduce the impact of COVID-19 as much as we can. These measures include:
- Online software to ensure the best possible home exercise treatment. This includes access to phone and tablet based software that provides you with written and video instructions for each exercise. This software can be access at any time at no cost to you.
- State of the art telehealth software so you can speak directly to your exercise physiologist and watch them in real time.
- Online training courses on COVID-19 and hygiene for all staff members.
- Hygiene protocols for all aspects of our business, from administration to exercise sessions.
- Our practice is now strictly completed out of state of the art medical facilities with the highest of hygiene standards, alongside GP’s, specialists and alike.
Finally, there a lot people, businesses and industries heavily affected by this and if you can do your bit to support them it could mean a world of difference. This includes your local butcher, retail store, coffee shop, bar or restaurants. Look after those around you and yourself. If you’re keen to find out more about telehealth or home exercise services please send us an email or give us a call. Let’s reduce the impact of this virus as a community.