The Split Squat is a more advanced single leg movement. The Split Squat has increased complexity due to having increased load on a single leg and an added balance component, compared to the other two movements.
How to complete the Split Squat:
1. Start with your feet shoulder width apart and take a large step forward.
2. Lift your back heel off the ground and gather your balance.
3. Slowly lower your back knee down to the ground, with most of the load in your front foot. Ensure you are lowering straight down and not moving forward as you lower.
4. Stop the movement just before your knee touches the ground and push through your front foot to stand back up to the start position.
5. Gather your balance and repeat as prescribed.
Please see process below: